After last night’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view, fans were left wondering a few things, including what the future holds for Jey Uso in The Bloodline.
Today in a post on his Instagram account, Jey confirmed that he is out of The Bloodline. Jey simply wrote, “I’m out” with a red tear drop and an image of him in the ring just before he left the ring after the rest of The Bloodline brutally beat on Sami Zayn. Jey has been backing Sami in recent weeks and last night he made it clear that he was not on board with everything that went on after the match with Sami.
It looks like The Bloodline could be adding another member to the family.
Fightful reports that as recently as this week, there have been serious talks about NXT star Solo Sikoa joining the main roster. Sikoa is the younger brother of Jimmy and Jey Uso.
Fightful adds that there is no confirmation of what brand Sikoa will land on but since Jimmy and Jey are the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team Champions, they are technically on both brands. There had been talks in the past about Sikoa skipping NXT and going straight to the main roster.
WrestlingNews.co reported in late 2020 about plans to bring in additional members into The Bloodline but they have held off on adding anyone up to this point. At one point, they teased adding Apollo Crews to the group.
Sikoa recently said the following during an interview with BT Sport: “You know, at the end of the day man, it’s so easy to go back to, ‘I’m their brother, I’m their family.’ I don’t want to be referred to as their brother, their cousin, I want people to recognize me for me. Before I debuted on TV, WWE creative was like ‘we’ll put you with your brothers’. Then the next meeting was like ‘let’s see what you can do on your own.’I felt like ‘this is my time now. This is the time for fans to recognize me as Solo instead of your Jimmy and Jey.’ Before man, I had black hair, we all really did look alike. Again, nine months later, people know oh that’s Solo, that ain’t Jimmy and Jey.”
Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro lost to The Bloodline (The Usos and Roman Reigns) in the main event of Sunday’s WWE WrestleMania Backlash.
Reigns took to his Instagram account to discuss the win and teased whether this was the last six-man tag team match featuring The Bloodline the fans will ever see.
The Undisputed WWE Universal Champion also followed up on a promo from Saturday’s live event where he talked about going into the next phase in his life. Many took that as him going to Hollywood, but in reality, it’s due to him signing a new WWE deal with a reduced schedule.
“What’s in my brain already..what if that is the last six-man tag you ever see The Bloodline do? I believe when it comes to TV and it being broadcast for the entire world to see, that’s only the second one. Y’all freaking out [Reigns started to laugh]. Don’t worry, The Tribal Chief loves you. I’m not going anywhere…unless I am who knows? Anyways, what if that was the last one. Look at it, there’s so much riding on us.
We have all of the titles, we’re the very best at what we do. I’m the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, I’m the greatest of all-time. The Usos the longest-reigning Tag Team Champions in the history of WWE, the greatest of their generation…the entirety of the business. It goes without being said, everything supports it. But what if that’s the last time you see us do what nobody can do? That’s the Island of Relevance right there. People, it’s not a gimmick, this isn’t something we’re putting on shirts and selling. No, this is as real as it gets because anybody that sits at the table, anybody that tries to step up, anybody that’s near us, automatically becomes better.
You’ve been seeing this. The proof is in whether you like it or not, you love it and we already know you respect it because you acknowledge it everywhere we go. Think about that, if that’s the last one, we already know y’all are going to miss us because we’re the greatest to ever do it. It’s because we’re The Bloodline.”