PDP’s Jandor, accuses Lagos gov’t of complicity in attack on LP supporters.
The LP presidential candidate, Peter Obi, had since condemned the attack and…
- Madrid edge Al-Hilal in eight-goal thriller to win Club W’Cup.Carlo Ancelotti’s team successfully added to their four cups from 2014 to 2018, and their triumph meant European teams have won the past 10 editions of the tournament.
- PDP’s Jandor, accuses Lagos gov’t of complicity in attack on LP supporters.The LP presidential candidate, Peter Obi, had since condemned the attack and charged the security agencies to fish out perpetrators of the act.
- JAMB insists on fixed date for UTME, rules out deadline extension.This was disclosed on Saturday by JAMB Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, during a tour of some computer-based test centres in Abuja designated to conduct the forthcoming examinations.
- Adeleke clarifies report on Valentine’s Day celebration for Osun workers.Adeleke’s denial of the story was contained in a statement on Saturday by his Chief Press Secretary (CPS), Olawale Rasheed, who said there was no truth whatsoever in the rumour.
- Parties tackle each other over Ayu’s ‘PDP has brought us shame’ statement at Kano rally.But while reacting to the APC statement on Saturday, the PDP was quick to remind the ruling party how President Muhammadu Buhari’s convoy was stoned by angry mob in the same Kano during a campaign rally few weeks ago.
- SERAP seek ICC’s probe into “growing cases of pre-election violence”SERAP notes that the Prosecutor has consistently relied on the provisions of Article 15 of the Rome Statute and Regulation 49 of the ICC to investigate cases of election-related violence in other countries, including Cote d’Ivoire and Kenya.
- Police AIG, Jimeta reportedly dies.This was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer, Bauchi State Command, Ahmed Wakil, a Superintendent of Police, in a terse Whatsapp message on Sunday.
- CBN debunk “abroad money printing” claims, says Nigeria capable of printing new naira notes.The bank also denied reports that it wants to close some deposit money banks in Nigeria over their inability to dispense new naira notes amid a cash crunch in the country
- Adamawa gets new CP.The statement read: “The new CP holds Bsc. Mass Communications from the University of Lagos and Masters Degree (MPA) in Public Administration from Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko.
- 2023: INEC Ad-hoc staff must swear oath “not to take sides”, says YakubuHe insisted that to achieve the aims set out by President Muhammadu Buhari in the upcoming elections, INEC must ensure that its ad-hoc staff owe no allegiance to any political party or candidate, but rather to the citizens, and must thus remain neutral.
- Police to summon Lagos monarch over audio threatening voters.The alleged traditional ruler, wanted to know how many persons at the meeting had their PVCs and only about 20 answered in the affirmative, out of about 60 persons said to be in attendance.
- Wike denies sending assassins after Sekibo, burning PDP rally venue.The governor also denied the allegation of burning the venue approved by his administration for the PDP Presidential Campaign Council to hold its Presidential Campaign rally.
- WWII bomb ‘unexpectedly’ explodes in UK cityThe police said the 250kg bomb was discovered on Tuesday by a contractor working on the third crossing over the River Yare and exploded as workers attempted to diffuse it
- President Buhari to unveil police vehicles, others for 2023 elections.Buhari, according to a statement issued on Saturday night by the Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, will unveil the equipment at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.
- ‘Emi Lokan a personal agreement between Buhari and Tinubu’ – Adebanjo claims at LP’s Lagos rally.He declared his support for the former Anambra State governor last year and stressed the need for the South-East to produce the country’s next president later this month.
| EU Affairs
| AU Crib
| UN Delegation
| Channels TV
| Al Jazeera
| Middle East
| Science & Technology