This followed the President’s meeting with the apex bank’s governor, Godwin Emefiele,…
- Buhari, Emefiele extends naira swap from February 10. [See new deadline]This followed the President’s meeting with the apex bank’s governor, Godwin Emefiele, in his country home in Daura, Katsina State on Sunday.
- Fuel Scarcity: IPMAN dismisses report of nationwide shutdown of filling stations.IPMAN President, Chinedu Okoronkwo, in a telephone conversation with 𝕹𝖔𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖘’ known Media on Tuesday, dismissed the report as untrue.
- 2023: Labour Party campaign director, others dump Peter Obi for Atiku.Bawu, who addressed journalists at a media briefing in Bauchi, said all the LP leaders, including the zonal and national officers in the North-East, had joined the PDP to support the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the February 25 election.
- LP alleges plot to blackmail Obi with fake video.“Already, they have been releasing snippets of the documentary on social media, without getting any attention, as people already know about their desperation to drag down Obi, who they rightly know, is far ahead.
- Eagles’ Onuachu eager to help Southampton survive relegation.Southampton are currently at the bottom of the Premier League table but had just employed the services of the Nigerian international who is in good goalscoring form.
- Tinubu calls for calm, alleges opposition using fuel, naira scarcity to disrupt elections.There were also reports of protest in different parts of the country as a result of the frustration resulting from the naira redesign policy recently announced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
- Naira scarcity: Buhari, Emefiele, Govs, Bawa meet.Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Aminu Tambuwal; and the Chairman of the Progressives Governors’ Forum, Atiku Bagudu represented state governors.
- Ganduje alleges political sabotage as court halts extension of Naira swap.Ganduje, who reacted to the judgement in a statement issued by his Commissioner for Information, Mallam Muhammad Garba, alleged the four political parties were in connivance with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to sabotage the country’s democracy.
- Lai Mohammed claims opposition’s court order reason Buhari can’t end citizens’ pain from naira scarcity.The Minister said it was however, surprising that some opposition political parties ran to court to “obtain an injunction restraining the President and and the Central Bank of Nigeria from extending the February 10 deadline for Nigerians to swap their old notes for new ones.”
- Nasir el-Rufai’s claim on gang-up against Tinubu.The governor, who spoke on a Channels Television programme, Sunrise Daily, said: “I believe there are elements in the Villa that want us to lose the election because they didn’t get their way; they had their candidate. Their candidate did not win the primaries.
- Supreme Court’s ruling on Edo crisis.The apex court delivered the ruling in an appeal filed by a lawmaker representing the Oredo Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama.
- Buhari’s seven-day request on naira notes logjam.Buhari made the request at a meeting with the All Progressives Congress (APC) governors in Abuja.
- INEC speaks on plot to manipulate BVAS.The INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, stated this when he featured on Channels Television’s programme, Sunrise Daily.
- ‘Peter Obi may be the third force but he is struggling’ – PDP’s Dele Momodu.Momodu noted that Obi, though popular on social media, is “struggling because a presidential race is not a marathon and takes time to build bridges.”
- Fmr President of South Africa, Mbeki, to lead commonwealth observers for Nigeria’s elections.The mandate given to the independent group, according to Scotland, is to observe the preparations for the election, the polling, counting and the results process, and the overall electoral environment.
| EU Affairs
| AU Crib
| UN Delegation
| Channels TV
| Al Jazeera
| Middle East
| Science & Technology